Happy Memorial Day weekend, Zimriders! With summer around the corner and a holiday on Monday, this weekend is perfect for a road trip. San Diego, Las Vegas, San Francisco and Los Angeles are just a few of the awesome driving destinations this weekend on Zimride.
To toast Memorial Day weekend we bring you our Top 10 Road Trip Movies* of all time. Enjoy and safe (+shared) travels!
- Planes, Trains & Automobiles – John Candy and Steve Martin in a John Hughes film…enough said.
- Rain Man – On a Zimride with Charlie Babbitt, pit stops to catch Judge Wapner on People’s Court are a must.
- Little Miss Sunshine – This family flick is just as funny as it is heartfelt.
- Thelma & Louise – Female bonding at its finest.
- Sideways – After Miles famously refused to drink merlot, U.S. sales of the varietal actually dropped.
- Easy Rider – Don’t miss the soundtrack in this classic biker movie. R.I.P. Dennis Hopper.
- Dumb & Dumber – “We got no food, no jobs…our pets’ heads are falling off!”
- The Motorcycle Diaries – A young Che Guevara hits the road on his motocicleta.
- Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas – Hunter S. Thompson’s psychedelic desert trek to find the American Dream.
- Cars – We love a good Pixar film…especially one with talking Cars!
Happy Road Trippin!
The Zimride Crew
*Top 10 Road Trip movies not titled “Road Trip.” (Although we love that one, it’s a little too easy.)
All photos courtesy of MGM. They make awesome movies!