Getting started with Zimride
- How do I get started?
- Register for an account
- Set up your profile
- Post a ride
- Browse matches, and contact people you are interested in sharing a ride with
- If I add a ride am I obligated to take anyone who requests a ride?
- No, absolutely not. We recommend only offering ride to people you trust. Spend a few minutes evaluating their profile. Do they have positive feedback? Do they belong to trusted university or corporate networks?
- What should I enter in the 'starting location' or 'ending location' fields?
- Enter as much information as you can about the location. The search results will be more accurate if you include the exact address and street. Separate each piece of the address with a comma.
Full address example: 514 Bryant St,Palo Alto, CA 94301, USA.
Partial address example: Palo Alto, CA, USA
- How are the search results determined?
- Our search formula calculates the distance that you would have to drive out of your way to pickup a passenger (or vice versa) and displays the results with the best match first. The search formula is able to find people along your route even if the other person isn't starting or ending in the same city.
- I would like help organizing carpooling to an event (conference, concert, etc) - can you help?
- Yes. Please contact email@example.com and we can setup a system for your event.
Other questions or suggestions? We'd love to hear from you.
- Go Vermont Support